Saturday, July 3, 2010

Style Icons: The Beckham's.

 had been pondering about style icons lately, and when I looked online to see what other people's opinions on who is a style icon; I found most were vintage movie stars like Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe. I cannot protest that they are infact the definition of 'icon' especially in the fashion world, but I wanted to know who is the modern day style icon. Of course, every celebrity these days could be considerd a style icon. But I didn't want the celebrity that stands on a red carpet in a beautiful dress their stylist picked out. I wanted to find someone who exudes fashion sense on the street and on the red carpet, and has an understanding of what they are wearing, what they can peice together and make their own.

Obviously, I thought of the Beckham's, David and Victoria; they are exactly the couple I want my future wife and I to be when I am an adult, I mean, who wouldn't? I couldn't pick only one of them to be the style icon for this post, as they both are extremley fashionable and make that a big part of their lives. David, isnt only one of the most famous footballers in the world, he has a love for style and what he has called 'extravagant clothes'; David has modeled for Armani, released his own cologne line, and is also considered the poster boy for metrosexuals, like myself. (Metrosexual = usually urban heterosexual male given to enhancing his personal appearance by fastidious grooming, beauty treatments, and fashionable clothes.) Victoria has graced many fashion magazine covers, was a guest judge on Project Runway, and styled Katie Holmes' Harper's Bazaar photoshoot. She owns her own fashion line, which has gotten great reviews and a nice celebrity response, Jennifer Hudson and Blake Lively have sported a Victoria edgy black dress at various events.

Out of all the amazing designers and fashion lines out there, Victoria Beckham and her line are my #1 favorites.

Just a few of her pieces:


All very classic, neutral simple silhouetted dresses, with a wide range in the color palette. It really is amazing, these pieces. I am eager to see what more there is to look foward to in future collections.

------

David and Victoria Beckham are undoubtedly style icons, with their formal and casual fashions. Just take a look:



No comments:

Post a Comment