Sunday, June 27, 2010

Red Star: Vogue Japan August 2010 Editorial

Photographer: Camilla Akrans
Model: Eniko Mihalik

So today, like most of the days these first two weeks of summer, I did absolutly nothing. This is what happens when one doesnt have a life. At all. While everyone is out enjoying the hot sun, playing soccer and sipping lemonade, I am inside. Closed off in my bedroom, reading Vogue and staring longingly out the window. So, to pass some time I found a new Editorial for the August 2010 issue of Vogue Japan.




I really liked the styling of this photoshoot. Red, in my opinion, is a color that most exudes sexiness. It just has that intensity and sex appeal. All the pictures look very cinematic, like they are screenshots from a 1940's French film the way the model was caught in these poses that seem extremley natural. And with the castle, perfect gardens, and the genral style and tone screamed retro to me. The shear simplicity of each photo makes it all very elegant and tasteful.

No comments:

Post a Comment